Maze Chase – aka PacMan
Students were asked to develop a video game based on the story/metaphor:
You are a _____ in a _____ with walls of _____ collecting _____ while avoiding _____ you power up with _____ which causes _____.
You are a HERO in a WORLD with walls of WALLS collecting COLLECTIBLES while avoiding ENEMIES you power up with POWERUPS which causes SOME SPECIAL ABILITY.
Example: You are a SHARK in the SEA with walls of CORAL collecting FISH while avoiding DOLPHINS you power up with BABY SEALS which causes DOUBLE POINTS.
Please read the instructions to see what each power-up does!
The games are best experienced in Firefox with a magnification of 100%.
All games posted with permission.
Please note: These are student projects produced by students under time and resource constraints. While the games may have a flaw or two they all are playable and most are very fun!
* Semester Highlight
Cleveland Institute of Art – Spring 2020
- Bees and Birds by Sadie Baker
- Wedding Flowers by Joonwoo Choi*
- Salem Runner by KO-2
- Midnight Release by Khayree Davis*
- Please Just Sleep by Sam Hattersley*
- The Last Survivor by Deasia Holland*
- Gem Mine by Kate Johnson
- Danky by Quin-Trevias Kennedy
- Virus Rampage by Laith Miller
- Maze to Hades by Sterling Moffett*
- Run Forest Run by CJ Nowacek
- Rompy Rabbit by Kelsi Raimey*
- Fox Dream by Jing
- Inch Worm vs Spider by Rory Van Maanen
Cleveland Institute of Art – Spring 2014